Sunday 1 December 2013

RECIPE OF VANILLA JALEBI


Hello Everyone!
Today I am going to post recipe of vanilla jalebi. Jalebi is the national sweet of India as we all know but I have given Jalebis my twist. I have made jalebis with a pinch of vanilla so while eating it you will get to have a soft and subtle taste of vanilla. So here is it's recipe :-

I know this is not much spiral but this is the way I know to make it

prep. time : 1 to 2 hours
cooking time : 20 to 40 min.
servings : 4

Ingredients :-
1 cup refined flour
1/2 cup yogurt
3 cups sugar
1 tsp milk
a few strands of saffron (kesar)
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
Ghee for deep-frying

                                                                    Batter

Method :-
i) In a large bowl, whisk refined flour, yogurt and sufficient water to smooth consistency batter.
ii) Cover and keep it in a warm place to ferment ( khamir) for 24 hours, 
iii) Beat the batter with hands again for 15 minutes. 
iv) Cook sugar with water in a deep non-stick pan for high heat and stir continuously till the sugar dissolves , and when the scum (dirt) from sugar rises on the top clean it with a ladle and discard, then add milk and stir it, add saffron and cook till the syrup reaches one string consistency.
v) Put vanilla essence into the sugar syrup.
vi) Heat sufficient Ghee in kadai on medium heat.
vii) Pour some batter in the jalebi cloth , gather the edges and make a tight potli. Squeeze round spirals in hot ghee, turning them over gently a few times till golden and crispy.
viii) Drain and soak them into vanilla sugar syrup for 2 to 3 minutes. 
ix) Take them out of the syrup and serve hot

So this was my recipe of Vanilla jalebi, for more ypcoming recipes and articles, STAY CONNECTED.

REGARDS
SRISHTI

Post a Comment

Thankyou so much for visiting my blog I would love to hear from you . leave me a comment I appreciate and read each one. Thankyou! please refrain from leaving spam, free giveaways etc but feel free to leave your blog link so that others may see it. Thankyou!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Join me on Facebook

Popular Posts

Translate

Blog Archive

 

All Rights Reserved 2013 , Powered by Blogger